A Security Software is a Must to keep your device secure from web threats. There are multiple security software and applications are available in the market but very few of them are worth trying that can provide a secure environment for your computer and mobile devices. McAfee LiveSafe is one of the products of McAfee Security Software that meets the standards of a Security Software that can ensure effective protection for your computer. the Software managers to keep your device safe and secure from both online and offline threats leaving no vulnerabilities for the hackers. So In order to completely utilize the premium features of the McAfee Livesafe program, you need to continue the subscription of the service and make sure to keep the Software updated.
However, while trying to update the McAfee Software on Mac, You might get an error message that says “McAfee LiveSafe Mac Update Error”. there could be various possible reasons that can cause this error. So if you have encountered this error while updating the McAfee Security Software then you need to take some quick measures to troubleshoot this error. In this article, We have listed below the methods that can be used to troubleshoot this McAfee Error. You can use these methods to get rid of this error.
Follow these steps to Update McAfee LiveSafe on Mac
Software update is required to enhance the functioning of the software. McAfee Provides Software update to add some advanced-level security features in the software that can easily tackle and manage the advanced level hacking techniques used nowadays. even Some updates are introduced to remove bugs and improve the interface of the software on your device. you can simply go to McAfee.com/activate and update the software. However, Sometimes while updating the McAfee LiveSafe Software, you might get an error message on your screen that says “McAfee LiveSafe is Unable to Update on your Mac”. If you have got this message then you can follow the method mentioned below to fix this issue.
Sol: 1 Unauthorized Internet Security For Mac Extension
If the Internet Security For Mac Kernal Extension is not authorized then you might get this error. you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix this issue.
- Open McAfee.com/activate and click on Menu Option.
- Now choose the McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security Console option from the list.
- Go to Mac Security And then from the list of Features enable any of the features.
- Now Click on the “Allow” button when a message will appear on the screen to Setup the Protection for your system using the Security And Privacy pane.
- Now click on the “Ok” button to complete the process.
So this way you can authorize internet Security for Mac Kernal Extension.
Sol: 2 Change Firewall Settings
- Click on the Menu Icon on Mcafee.com/activate menu bar and choose McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security Console.
- Go to Mac Security and Choose the Firewall Option.
- Now click on the “Lock” icon and then enter your password when asked.
- After this, you need to change the type of the firewall. Click on either Home or Work.
- Click On Ok to save the changes and then try updating the McAfee LiveSafe Software again to check if the error has been resolved or not.
SOl: 3 Check Browser Settings
- Open your browser and click on the preferences option.
- Choose the privacy option and then click on Manage Website Data.
- Choose the remove now option and then click on Ok to save the changes.
After completing this, restart your device and then try updating the software to check if the error has been resolved or not.
So these are some of the Quick ways that you can use if you have got “McAfee LiveSafe Mac Update Error”. In order to utilize the advanced security features of the software, make sure to keep your device updated to the latest release. Once this error has been resolved, you can go to McAfee.com/activate and update the software to the latest release. In case, you are trying to install McAfee Internet Security On your Mac Device and the System freezes then you might need to disconnect all the external devices to fix this error.
If you are not able to resolve this error on your own and need some expert device then you can also contact the experts at Mcafee Customer Service. They can surely help you with an effective solution to troubleshoot this error quickly.